At Integrity Homes & Construction Inc., we understand that roof replacement is something you want to delay for as long as possible. However, when the signs are pointing in that direction, it’s important to have us check it out to avoid water damage costs on top of your roof replacement proposal. Here are some signs that your roofing could be at the end of its life. If you notice any of these, call us for an inspection and quote.
- Check Attic for Leaks- When the roof starts leaking, it isn’t always to the point where the rain that gets in shows up inside the home, but it will be evident in the attic.
- Daylight Entering Attic- Getting up in the attic when it’s raining isn’t necessary. A bright, sunny day could also alert you to holes when sunlight floods into your attic.
- Past Warranty or Life Recommendation- Check your paperwork to find out when the last roof replacement was done. It will tell you how long it should last so you can determine if it’s likely time to replace the roofing.
- Visual Inspection- If you see loose shingles, sagging areas, or moss growing on the roof, these are all signs of a problem that could mean anything from minor repairs to roof replacement. Many of these are visible from the ground, but you should also have a professional inspect the chimney seals, skylights, vents, and other areas with flashing.
- Gutters- If the gutters are filling up with granules from the shingles, it is a sign the shingles are getting older and can no longer hold the gutters in place.