At Integrity Homes & Construction Inc., one of the projects we regularly complete for our customers is building screen rooms. Screen rooms add extra square footage to a home and are a great way to enjoy the outdoors without being harassed by bugs and the elements.
If we recently built you a screen room, we have a few suggestions for making the most out of this new space:
- Many people use screen rooms as a space for entertaining family and friends. Add a few cushions, chairs, and side tables, and you will be all set to sit with your friends and family members in this space.
- Is your screen room located near your kitchen? Add a table and this area can make an ideal space for dining.
- If you work from home, it can be nice to get outside and enjoy the fresh air as well as a change of scenery during your workday. Consider making your screen room your new home office by adding a desk and comfortable chair.
- Turn your screen room into an entertainment space by adding a projection system or a television. You might also want to add a pool table or other fun games to make this a place for your whole family to hang out.
- Do you feel like your kids’ toys overtake your living spaces? Build some shelves and bring some of your children’s toys to your screen room, so they have a new, dedicated space to play.